What is CrossFit Kids?
CrossFit Kids was developed to help kids to grow up healthy, strong and develop a lifelong love of ﬁtness which will give them the right foundation to avoid common problems associated with childhood inactivity and obesity. CrossFit Kids is not simply a scaled down version of CrossFit, it is entirely CrossFit geared and designed for kids with a wide variation of abilities as well as the speciﬁc developmental needs (neurological, cognitive, and motor) required for all sporting activities. CrossFit Kids classes are designed with the unique needs of young athletes in mind, and combine skill practice, workouts and fun games that focus on building functional strength and fitness. Our classes include elements of gymnastics, weight lifting, body weight movements, running, jump roping, and more – all in a fun and safe environment. Healthy living requires that our kids push, pull, run, throw, climb, lift, and jump effectively and safely regardless of their athletic ability. In order for kids to learn and succeed in other sports, they need to start with the basics, which is exactly the reason we teach the rquired General Physical Skills that are the base for any sport or discipline that children participate in.
The CFTK classes are a maximum of 45 min and start at 4.00pm to 4.45pm Thur and Fri
Crossfit Kids is a structured fitness programme and as such has a few Rules that we must all agree to so that we can best protect your child and ensure that their journey is a safe and fun filled experience while they are at CFT.
Below are some rules that we must enforce as a CrossFit Community to best protect your child; please:
- Ensure that you arrive early to classes to avoid any embarrassment to your child.
- Walk your children inside the building for the start of the class and come inside the building to pick them up.
- Ensure that you notify the Coach of the arrival of your child.
- Please make the coach aware of any special needs for your children that may have changed since they enrolled for their individual safety, learning, and growth (i.e., medications, illness, physical/mental limitations, injury, sports, etc.).
- Ensure your child has a bottle of water, or a bottle that can be filled up at the drinking fountain. Don’t forget to put your child’s name on it!
- Unless pre-arranged with the coach, the children are only allowed to go home with the person who drops them off.
- Until we get to know all of you and your children by name, please sign your child in and out with the coach so we can ensure they are going home with the appropriate person.
- Payment is term to term, (see Terms of Payment)
- A waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian, is required for each child before he or she is allowed to participate in a class.
- Ensure your children are wearing clothes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing, and being upside down.
- Children with disciplinary problems: first warning-free of consequence, second warning-sit time out, third warning-go to the parent.
- Other children not attending the class MUST be supervised and not allowed to run around outside or in the gym.
Pricing and Fees:
1 term = 9 weeks; 2 sessions per week (Thur and Fri)
Fees: $180 per term ($160 if paid in full before term starts)
Second child: $140 ($120 if paid in full before term starts)
Information on Payment Terms and Registration can be found here
Contact Kelly for further information: email@example.com